Existing Member?

Treks Within Reflection – Pausing in the "Here and Now" Adventures

We're in Cuzco!

PERU | Tuesday, 16 December 2008 | Views [350]

Sorry, sorry, sorry for not updating sooner -- we´ve been very busy and happy! We arrived Cuzco yesterday late afternoon and were transferred to our Host Family´s home, whereupon we were met for a wonderful dinner. Our Host Family is extraordinary -- generous, warm, and abundant with their hospitality. Today, after a bit a wandering, we were received warmly at the Peru´s Challenge headquarters and met the team who runs the organization, as well as many other volunteers from several countries, but mostly Australia. We then transferred up the the Project area and were given a quick tour of the school and facilities aas well as what PC future goals. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as we played with the children, and then assisted all the children in washing their hands, and applied cream to their beautiful little faces. After that, the four of us painted a few outside walls -- bringing various walls back to their clean-looking appearance. We returned to headquarters and the four of us wandered off looking for a cafe or somewhere to eat (lunch is the main meal of the day here), and then returned to tranfer back up to the project area to assist in making a chimney (created with bamboo and mud!) for one of the community families. We returned back to our Host Family totally tired, muddy (it´s been raining all afternoon), and happy!

Today is Carolyn's birthday and our original plan was to go out after dinner for some salsa (dancing, not eating, but we arrived home too late and tired. We´ll leave that adventure for another evening.

Meanwhile, all is well with us all -- and as soon as we have a free moments, we´ll upload photos. Tomorrow will be another busy day -- back to the school and then Spanish lessons in the afternoon.

Stay tuned! Buenos noches!

Wishing you all delightful moments of namaste!

About sisocrates_musing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.