Existing Member?

World Travels We gotta get outta this town.... Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano....

Bialystok

POLAND | Monday, 7 September 2009 | Views [630]

We went to Bialystok (the l is suppose to have a diagonal line through it and is pronounced as an english w) yesterday. We were going to go to yoga in the morning and then head to the mall and eventually go see The Final Destination in 3D that afternoon.

Well Yoga fell through because Karoline, Ania's cousin, got the days and times mixed up. So instead we just went to the mall all day until the movie. Try shopping with two girls in a country where you don't speak the language, so you can't really go do your own thing, while they look at 4000 different pairs of pants and not buy any of them.

Anyway, they have wrangler jeans here and I looked at the price and it said 339Zl. Zl is their symbol for money like the American $. There is just something about seeing the number 339 that makes me not want to buy that pair of pants. With the exchange rate its not so bad, only around $120 depending on the exchange rate that day. And yes, this is for a pair of wranglers.

So then we went to the movie. I was hoping it would be cool with 3D and all. Well I was wrong. The 3D was lame and in some points may have actually taken away from the movie. So I wouldn't recommend seeing it in theaters, especially if you want to see it just for the 3D.

Oh, and when we first got to Bialystok Ania had to put some money in the bank so Karoline and I waited for her outside. While we where standing there somebody walked buy and handed me a flier, for english lessons. While I was looking at the flier thinking about the humor in it I flipped it over and on the back was Tom. A guy I met in Bar Harbor who married one of Ania's friends from Poland. He was a native speaker at the school.

Tags: bialystok

About sirus


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.