Existing Member?

Nan & Pop on the Road We're on the road around NZ and hope to keep in touch with all the kiddies & grandies and other interested friends & families while we're away.

Queenstown

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 24 September 2007 | Views [626] | Comments [6]

These signs were all over the road to Milford Sound - pretty scary!

These signs were all over the road to Milford Sound - pretty scary!

From Dunedin we travelled to Bluff, had oysters (very salty), fish & chips and hung off the bottom of NZ.  Then on to Te Anau, a quiet little village with a great little pub (great feed here) and a coupla drinkies.

On to Milford Sound; what a drive - it was spectacular (seem to be using that word a lot).  The road went through a valley, just like in Lord of the Rings (Nan said) and a pretty scary tunnel.  The Sound was beautiful and the weather fined up for the journey, saw a seal lazying on a rock and lots of snow melting into waterfalls streaming down the glacier scarred mountainside.

Onto Queenstown had a great pizza (and a coupla more drinkies); a spa (in our room, which is verrry up market!) this is the accommodation we bought cheap in Twin Waters and we had to sit through a sales pitch today to supplement the cost.  Nan had a spa treatment, complete with Rotorua mud (for her birthday) and Pop had a ride on the Shotover Jet Boat (have a look at their website (www.shotover.co.nz) to see what he went through.

Tonight we are going to the Minus 5 bar for a drink, everything is ice (including the glasses!) and we'll feed up and have some more drinkies (for Nan's birfdee).

Off to the Glacier region tomorrow.

Will try for another PC somewhere to upload some more pickies (can't do it here.

Jai & Coben, please look after Pop's shed while you're visiting (he thinks there might be 'the usual stuff' in his shed fridge.

See ya'z

Nan & Pop.

XOXO

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

great to hear that you are splurging - you both deserve it!!! mum - you should come home looking 20 years younger:) dad - i've heard about those jet boats - pretty edge of your seat stuff - keep enjoying yourselves - and look forward to more piccies.

we send our love

bj, nik, mj & crockie x o

  us from ipswich Sep 24, 2007 3:47 PM

2

BETH SAYS I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU LOOKS LIKE YOUR HAVING FUN WE WILL SEE YOU ON SATURDAY. I STILL MISS YOU PLEASE TRY TO REMEMBER MY TIKI LOVE YOU LOTS BETTY BOOPER.. HI MUM AND DAD SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DOING WHAT YOUR MENT TO ON YOUR BIRTHDAY FOR ONCE MUMMY. JUST A QUICK QUESTION ARE THE SKID MAKES COMING OUT OF DADS JOCKS OR DID YOU JUST BUY NEW ONE'S? HAHAHAHA.....WELL DONE POPPY DIDN'T THINK YOU WOULD GO THROUGH WITH IT ONCE YOU GOT THERE BRAVO "OLD" CHAP!!!

  BETH AND G Sep 26, 2007 3:24 PM

3

hi nan and pop like your pictures can't wait to see you on saturday. big kisses and cuddles waiting for you when you get back also please don't for get my tiki thank you miss you lots love Eden. Nat says hope you continue to have as much fun if not more see you and your pictures when you get back p.s. gave grant a kick in the butt for being cheeky. byexo

  eden and nat Sep 26, 2007 3:56 PM

4

Happy belated Birthday wishes to Liz, hope you enjoyed it in style . A mud bath sounds like the old Cumberland oval , on a wet winters day. Carn the Eelsz !

  bib and bob Sep 26, 2007 7:41 PM

5

Kids have already found the lollies thanks
still enjoying your trip by the sound of it.

Will have a surprise for you at the airport on friday

  Simos from bundy Sep 26, 2007 7:41 PM

6

Lucky buggers on that Tranz Alpine Express, i've only seen it in pitchers (Sic)Arhturs Pass is the top of the range, should be a few long tunnels round there, but i guess you won't read this til you arrive back in Christchurch, enjoy a couple more drinkies then .

  bib and bob Sep 27, 2007 9:26 AM

About simoz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.