Existing Member?

Nan & Pop on the Road We're on the road around NZ and hope to keep in touch with all the kiddies & grandies and other interested friends & families while we're away.

Nearly Done

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 27 September 2007 | Views [536] | Comments [1]

Minus 5 bar - Queenstown.  It was actually minus 9.5 degrees!

Minus 5 bar - Queenstown. It was actually minus 9.5 degrees!

This will probably be our last posting.  We're in Greymouth waiting for the TranzAlpine train back across to Christchurch where we fly out from tomorrow arvo.

The Minus 5 bar was a real hoot; we drank vodka cocktails out of glasses carved from ice.  Had a great fush and chups meal at a cafe (Mum got a T shirt) for dinner.

The drive to Franz Josef Glacier was a bit long (are we there yet?) but the accommodation was better that expected.  This was our only area of disappointment though; we were booked for a helicopter flight over the glaciers, complete with a snow landing; and five minutes before we were due to depart the weather came in and they cancelled the flights.  We rebooked for a later flight then went to the glacier to see it first hand.  Came back and it started raining - so no flights, money back then back on the road again (to Greymouth; saw a Winnebago thingy get booked for speeding on the way!)  Stopped at puzzle world on the way and got lost in the maze.  Also stopped in Hokitika to see a glass blower in action and had a good yarn to a mighty Parra supporter (he was wearing a Parra T shirt, so Pop introduced himself; he went over for our last Grand Final and goes over for State of Origin.

Had a relax last night frozen dinners in front of the tele for dinner (and the obligatory coupla glasses of wine).

Thanks for the comments kids; we love and miss youse too!

See youse tomorrow.

Lotsa luv,

Mum and Dad,

Nan & Pop.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

absolutely gorgeous scenery - love the glaciers - would love to visit one day - (just to see the ice bar:) unfortunately - all good holidays have to come to an end - we look forward to seeing you back home - this was the best idea - the blog i mean - see you when you get here - enjoy your last day

lots - a - love
bj,nik,mj&crockie x o

  us from ipswich Sep 27, 2007 1:06 PM

About simoz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.