Existing Member?

Nomadic Hands

IN LIMA AGAIN

PERU | Friday, 18 July 2008 | Views [792]

In Felix´s house... couchsurfing.

In Felix´s house... couchsurfing.

In Lima, I stayed with a couchsurfer named Felix for a night, and that is where I met Jerome, now a really good friend from France. Later, Jerome and I ended up staying with a couchsurfers friend named Juan Carlos, across the road from the beach in Miaflores, on the 7th floor of an incredible apartment. It was like a 5 star hotel with a huge room, bathroom with two sinks and toilets, and best of all... it was free!!

Juan is from Chiwawa Mexico, which was very convenient as Jerome has just lived in the same area for 4 years. While preparing a meal for Juan, I got to meet a few of his other friends from Mexico who were really sweet.

I met with Carmen Gomez again, and the filmmaker Tito (who I met when I first arrived in Lima). We had decided to go and film on Tuesday in Pamplona, but it ended up being post-poned due to poor timing. Jerome had been a massive help though, translating for me at random times when I was in deep need of help.

I hung out a bit with Carmen at her aunt´s house, met with some of her family, and taught her son and nephew some break dancing on the lounge room floor. I also interviewed her son and nephew about how they contribute at school to the children in Pamplona by giving their clothes away and doing other things to help. It is sometimes quite strange because Carmen and I are always thinking the exact same or very similar things around the same time as each other.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE NOMADIC HANDS JOURNEY GO TO WWW.NOMADICHANDS.COM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.