Existing Member?

Nomadic Hands

PREPARING TO FILM

PERU | Saturday, 5 July 2008 | Views [906]

Yvan and I out the front of Plaza De Arma, in Arequipa

Yvan and I out the front of Plaza De Arma, in Arequipa

 
Arequipa was like a little holiday from travelling for me. Yvan, another host from Couchsurfing let me stay in his house for free. I thought I´d only be there for one night, but we got along so well (like bro and sis), that I ended up chilling out with him for four.
 
Eating, sleeping, and watching videos was the major attraction for the four days. Some much needed rest was in order for my body after the array of food poisoning I obtained in Bolivia. Yvan and I were having so much fun together that it felt only right for us to spend some time dancing around together at random times to Latin hip hop, and wear shower robes about the house while having pretend boxing matches. (Yvan would wear a pink robe hahahaha).
 
And now, after a 16 hour bus ride, with crying, smelly babies surrounding me, i´m back in Lima.
 
Another Couchsurfer Felix (from Lima), and one of his guests Jerome (from France),  picked me up from the bus terminal. I have had a really great time with them so far, and met many other couchsurfers at a fiesta last night.
 
In the past two days I have spoken with Carmen Gomez again, a proffessor of education, a doctor and an environmentalist about coming and visiting Pamplona. I would like to get their expertise on how we can improve the area. Tomorrow Carmen and I are meeting with some of them at 3pm to go to the shanty town. I also made contact again with the filmmakers I met last time in lima, and they will also hopefully be comming tomorrow to begin creating a documentary with me about Pamplona.     
 
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE NOMADIC HANDS JOURNEY GO TO WWW.NOMADICHANDS.COM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.