Existing Member?

Nomadic Hands

ARRIVAL IN CUSCO (CUZCO)

PERU | Friday, 6 June 2008 | Views [831]

A protest in the streets for a better environment

A protest in the streets for a better environment

The bus to Cusco (Cuzco) was 22 hours. Everyone, including the locals in Lima, were concerned that I was taking the cheaper bus. I have absolutely no idea what they were so worried about! The bus was like new, and I had the top deck front seat which was by far the best view. Apart from the fact that I had to run out in front of the bus to stop it from leaving without me at a toilet break, everything was fine... I was totally safe.
 
The view began as a brown desert with hills, but it slowly changed into magnificent beige mountains, dotted with cacti. The pink, orange and yellow sunset over the sillouhette peaks was breath-taking, and the sunrise was just as beautiful. Mist swept through the now green valleys, and the whiteness of the snow-capped mountains contrasted brilliantly with the blue sky.
 
What I really enjoyed from the bus trip though, was when the driver stopped to give food to a man who was dressed in rags and seemed to be living on the side of the road in the mountains. He must have been freezing! The worst thing was when I opened my hand sanitizer bottle, but forgot about the change in altitude. It splattered all over me... in my mouth... my hair... my eyes! 
Soon after my arrival in Cusco, I thought it was fantastic to see a protest happening in the streets for better enviromental care world wide! I'm going to love this place!
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE NOMADIC HANDS JOURNEY GO TO WWW.NOMADICHANDS.COM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.