Existing Member?

Nomadic Hands

I CRY GOODBYE LIMA

PERU | Tuesday, 3 June 2008 | Views [857]

Carmen Gomez and I

Carmen Gomez and I

I just absoloutely loved staying with Cesar and his family. Although I only stayed for about four days, It was definitely an exerience I will never forget.

Yesterday, Cesar's mother helped me out when a scorpio decided to watch me go to the toilet. I would have felt really bad for the scorpio when she stomped on it, but I'm positive it was already dead... probably from drinking the leaking toilet water on the ground.

Cesar's mum and sister cooked so much typical peruvian meals, and many times would bring out tea and fruit cut up on a plate for me. Their hospitality was so deeply appreciated.

I hugged Cesar's mum and dad goodbye, and and went to La Victoria quickly with Cesar to buy a cheap bus ticket to Cuzco for tomorrow morning at 9. I am going to miss them all... and yes... even their cats!

Tonight I am staying at Christian's appartment in Miaflores, because I had to meet with Carmen Gomez at 5pm in the same area as he lives. I asked Christian if it was ok for me to stay the night at his place, as it would be to late and dangerous to catch a bus back to Cesar's house with so much equipment. Fortunately, he was so kind as to say 'yes'. Yet another trusting, friendly person in Lima.

It was great to meet with Carmen again. She is such a wonderful woman who wants to do so many tryly good things. I asked her many questions over a typical Peruvian dinner, and was nearly brought to tears when she began to cry whilst telling her story. Although I don't ever want to see her upset, it was important to capture her so emotional. Maybe this will pull at other people's heart strings, and help people to feel connected to her efforts.

My bus tomorrow is many hours, and I am looking forward to visiting the orphanage 'Seeds of Hope'.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE NOMADIC HANDS JOURNEY GO TO WWW.NOMADICHANDS.COM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.