Existing Member?

Nomadic Hands

FIESTAS

PERU | Monday, 2 June 2008 | Views [619]

Cesar's brother's Birthday Fiesta!

Cesar's brother's Birthday Fiesta!

Yesterday morning was slow. I got up at about 7am, hung out with Cesar's mum and cats at his house, and then went back to bed till nearly midday. I woke up so incredibly tired, realising that I was still experiencing the effects of jet-lag.

Later when Cesar arrived home from work, his sister, him and I, went to their local markets, as I needed to buy some cheap leggings for the cold weather I will soon face in Bolivia. When I was there, I bought one of each piece fruit that I had never tasted before. I can't remember the name of any, but most of them were tropical, typical peruvian fruits, and were absoloutely delicious. 

Later in the evening, we celebrated with a fiesta at Cesar's house as it was his older brother's birthday. This drew his family members from all areas of Peru. After helping to prepare the food with the other women in the kitchen, everyone went to the loungeroom to eat a chicken, rice and potato meal, full of interesting herbs and spices.

At about 10pm, I went alone to meet with a group of couchsurfers at Christian's appartment in Mira Flores. It was a great way for me to get to know more people living in Lima, who are happy to host others in their house for free. There were people from France, Finland, and America, but most were from Peru. 

We went out to a couple of local discotechths to dance, and I had almost forgotten how great it is that people aren't allowed to smoke indoors in Sydney! I stayed at Christian's appartment with Dianna, and it was such a luxury for me to experience a hot shower, and a quiet room to sleep in again. 

   

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.