Existing Member?

Sea Sun Friends Freedom

The Beginning

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 26 July 2009 | Views [473]

Welcome to Silver Lady's blog. Silver lady is a 44 foot sloop (single mast) yacht built in 1990. Sleeps 5 in comfort and is what would be classed as a 'go anywhere boat' The Ellis family has owned her since 2007. During that time she has completed voyages around Bass Straight (Victoria, Australia) and coastal New South Wales. Hugh (thats me) is the passionate one when it comes to sailing. I love the connection to the elements and the perspective it gives you.

Its easy to get caught up in life and expectations. with a good mate getting sick recently its reminded me that you never know what could happen tomorrow. So... i decided I needed a good sail. To follow your dreams you dont always have to burn all the bridges and give up on your existing life. Im going sailing, leaving silver lady at different ports and returning to the boat to move slowly up the coast.

I thought it would be interesting to keep everyone posted on her next adventure, 'warts and all'. On August the 6th 2009 she will be leaving for a year cruising the east coast of Australia. The plan? no plans apart from it being about the journey rather than the destination.

 

About silverlady


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.