Existing Member?

To India with Love

Enter Misery...with a limp.

INDIA | Sunday, 31 August 2008 | Views [934] | Comments [5]

You must be familiar with the word "no" by now. We are. And here it is again. No. That is because there has been a breaking  story about kidnapped children and an orphanage is Chennai and Australia being the recipient of some of these children. So the judge, in her wisdom, has decided that something that happened years ago in another city in another state at another orphanage, is some how tied up with Ankita and we must now wait while she seeks 'some clarification'. 

There is much misery in the stories about the kidnapped children. We are heartbroken for all of the families and children involved. We are devastated that something like that could happen. We trust that the system put in place by the Indian Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA) some years ago, and the changes made more recently, are watertight and protect the rights of the children and the parents -both birth and adopted. 

None of the hideous, miserable goings on are associated with the Missionaries of Charity. None of this is good. There is a foreboding tone coming out from the Indian press and it will get worse before it gets rational. And so we wait, watching misery limp slowly across the horizon of our joy.

The lawyers meet this afternoon to decide the next move. I will call them late tonight. I have a feeling the High Court is next. Umrao, the lawyers secretary and now friend of mine, told me on the phone last night " ...tell Mrs Sidhu not to worry. We will work this out. We will get it sorted and Ankita will come to Australia." I have to believe that. Or get an axe and put Misery out of ...well, you know.

Tags: intercountry adoption.india.

Comments

1

So sorry guys...what do we say? Really hope and look forward to seeing you soon...all our love, prayers, positive thoughts, boxing gloves?...anything that will help you stay ok....love you lots

Ranz

  Ranee Aug 31, 2008 2:46 PM

2

oh no.....no....no...we send you all our love and hope it can help to overcome the awful Misery...

Mon and family

  monica sidhu Aug 31, 2008 4:31 PM

3

shit
pete and saa

  peter gilchrist Sep 2, 2008 6:11 PM

4

Thats crap, sorry to hear that :-(

  Aysha and Pat Sep 4, 2008 6:52 AM

5

SO sorry to read this further delay. Nothing anyone can say really. You got the short straw when it comes to judges but wait is all you can do.
love
Gail Peter and Durga

  Gail Sep 8, 2008 11:43 AM

About sidhus_on_safari


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.