Existing Member?

To India with Love

Waiting on a Crossed Wire

INDIA | Sunday, 24 August 2008 | Views [545]

There has been no news from India - we have crossed wires with the lawyer and the judge is doing nothing until the 30th - next Saturday. So we continue to wait in the highlands in the cold - in more ways than one! Where's my monsoon! Hopefully we return to Delhi mid September - as the Sisters get Ankita's passport in order. We should only need a week to sort things out and get back home. Not that I am really in a hurry to get back... all three of us have itchy feet right now. We have been waiting to get back to the travel agent for two weeks and now we wait again. Life in Australia has got back to normal reasonably quickly. School has sorted out Neelu's frustration of not bringing Ankita home. She was very unsettled for the first few nights. Lots of emotion bubbling away. It makes you wonder what was going through her mind as she travelled back to India - the place of such heart wrenching emotion - subconscious personal ones as well as new family ones. I remember as we climbed the lookout in Patna - her "home town" - to look out over the wide river, I felt as though I was witnessing something very momentous. I'm sure that we will climb that look out a few more times together over the years both physically and metaphorically. More as the tension mounts...

About sidhus_on_safari


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.