Existing Member?

Walkabout

Nearly didn't even make the plane

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 15 August 2009 | Views [249] | Comments [1]

a bit o' aussie humour - pay no attention to the man with the camera

a bit o' aussie humour - pay no attention to the man with the camera

As the title suggests, I nearly missed my flight for lack of "proof of onward or return  journey".  Check-in counter refused to check me in without said proof.  I had to go use an internet terminal to book another flight, so that I can have the privilege of canceling it straight away.  Expensive piece of paper that one (cancellation fee), then the printer ran out of toner after my test print, Aaaargh!  Luckily, the nice people at the Sing-Air info desk printed it for me so I could carry it three steps to the left in order to present it to the check-in desk.

Naturally, no-one at HK immigration could give a toss about my freshly minted proof on onward journey.  Pointless - I literally only needed it to get past the check-in.  Why have immigration check things like that when you can have ultra-reliable airline clerks do your immigration policy enforcement for you?

Anyway, obviously, I got through.  Then this made me laugh so I thought I would use it to test posting photos in journal stories.

More photos in the hong kong gallery.


"Pay no attention to the man at the urinal with the camera.  This is completely normal."


P.S.  They really do stink.

Comments

1

How much does it hurt when 2 days after you leave the country Faith No More announce an Australian tour, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

  Risole Aug 16, 2009 7:03 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.