Existing Member?

the road to serendipity

Random bits

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 21 October 2008 | Views [601]

of info on what I’ve been up to. Other than volunteering, I’ve been honing my skills on becoming a slob. Yup there’s absolutely nothing much to do in my free time other than tan on a beach, chill at a bar, have my daily servings of bread and cheese (too sinful! why did I have to live next to a bakery with fantastic fresh bread?) or take an afternoon nap when the kids tire me out (those who know me know I NEVER take afternoon naps). The only physical activity I’m engaged in is when I’m with the kids, which is exhausting mind you. You need lotsa energy to keep up with them.

So as an antidote to the growing slob in me, I’ve managed to find work at the restaurant-cum-bar located right next to the painting centre. For a few nights a week and 4 hours each time, I sit at the bar, make cocktails (or rather, learn how to make them), take food orders, serve customers and make small talk. It’s low season and the place is quite quiet at night so there’s not much to do, but hey, at least I’m finding something to do at night. I don’t get paid but I get dinner (they’ve fantastic food!) and drinks on work days, which is great as I get to save money and learn how to make cocktails – a very useful life skill J.

2 weeks more to go before I head home and I’m not looking forward to it…

About shix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.