Existing Member?

The traveler: An expected journey This time it's the Scandinavian countries of Denmark, Sweden & Norway before England again for several weeks and on to Croatia.

Where is she?

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 27 August 2015 | Views [325] | Comments [1]

The storm rolling in.

The storm rolling in.

No, I haven't fallen off one of the cliffs in England. It's been all I can do though to keep up with what I'm doing the next day in between pouring through pages of information on how to reserve European train tickets (oh so complicated!), reading through different itineraries for self guided bicycle tours of the Danube, then looking for reviews of the companies that go by several different names, or ones with almost exactly the same name. And did I mention figuring out where I'm going to stay for the last week in England? Yesterday I finally confirmed where I'm staying tomorrow. I only have the last 2 days now to plan, then it's on to the continent I go where hopefully I'll have everything lined up before I arrive at the German airport.
Always optimistic I think I'll surely have a chance to post something new the next night. Tonight though I arrived from my coastal walk about 2 hours later than I thought, soaking wet from the evening storm, and exhausted from walking over 10 miles. Really the part that was so tiring was making the last 3 miles in the rain, or at times the gail, up part of the steepest section of the trail, then up and down fields that proved not to be the shortcut to the village that I'd hoped they were. So you'll have to forgive me for not finishing the new posting I started several nights ago. Really I should just post something short every night, then I wouldn't find that I've left you 4 steps behind!

Comments

1

Wow....what an adventure you are having!
Thinking of you and sending love from Colorado!

  Sharon Aug 30, 2015 12:34 AM

About shire_girl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.