Existing Member?

My very exciting adventure's

Upper Manhattan, Central Park, Harlem....

USA | Monday, 8 April 2013 | Views [315]

In the last post I mentioned the rubbish on the sidewalks, this does not apply on the Upper East Side (Gossip Girl fans will be familiar) . This part of Manahattan is squeaky clean and fabulous! So many stunning properties, very ornate facades with doormen in funky suits, feels like you have stepped in to a movie or a tv show, very surreal. And for those Sex in the City fans... I saw the golden doors that SJP stands in front of to hail a taxi..... So tempted to re-enact :)

Manhattan is a pretty small island that houses one of the, if not the largest population in the USA, so it's really surprising the see the size of Central Park.  Probably not at its best at the end of winter but still you can see why so many New Yorkers like to spend time there. lots of running tracks and park benches to hang out on. Squirrels scurry about the park, horse drawn carriages and pedicabs aplenty to tour you around.

The hop on hop off tour buses are the best idea ever.... Only about $40 and valid for a few days and you can travel all over NYC . Last post was about lower manhattan, this time I am touring around upper manhattan, Lincoln Square, Upper West Side (lots of celebs have homes here over looking Central Park ) , Harlem (so much musical history here), and the Guggenheim Museum. 

Prior to coming to New York I was so looking forward to visiting the Huggenheim, with works of the greats on display  Picasso, Matisse , Lautrec etc etc. wandering around the museum I learnt that I clearly have no appreciation of fine art. I was just not moved by much I saw.. Maybe one or two pieces grabbed my attention but not a lot else. I felt really sad when I left, but I got over it fairly quickly as I realised that I can only like what I like and bad luck to all who call me on my ignorance as I won't be loosing any sleep over it. :) 

Time for another evening on broadway, this time I saw "nice work if you can get it" staring Matthew Broderick ( or Ferris Bueller and husband of SJP) . It was so good and really funny with lots of catchy tunes, I just couldn't help smiling and tapping my foot along with the music.

 

About sharonleigh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.