Existing Member?

My very exciting adventure's

Seattle / Vancouver

USA | Tuesday, 9 April 2013 | Views [333]

Ok so landed in Seattle home of the Pikes Place Market and CreativeLive (fellow togs will know what this is) . Checked into the motel and have to say that this is the first time that bookings.com failed me. It was an overpriced dump. However overall the Seattle experience was a good one. I took myself off on a wander and had a great time. The market is a fun place to spend time people watching. The fish market is famous for its customer service and I can see why. the way these guys and gals interact with their customers is a sight to see. I wanted to buy stuff just so they would talk to me :)  within the market complex was a brewery/pub that made the best fish and chips I have ever tasted And the interior design is quite spectacular as well, makes the walls of hogs breath cafes look bland :)  out back of the brewery is Post Lane where, if you saw my photographs you will have seen the gum walls...... OMG it is whole lane way with gum covered walls, and there were so many people there frantically chewing their gum just to stick it on the walls, was very funny! 

After only a short stay in  Seattle  it was on a bus to Vancouver, the trip was a couple of hours and so much beautiful scenery along the way. Stopping at the Canadian border for customs was a bit of a pain as we had to unload the whole bus, grab our luggage and go throught the whole process before loading the bus up again and heading off on our way. I only had 12 hours in Vancouver so my impressions will be very brief. Driving into town was really pretty as the cherry blossoms were all starting bloom, snow capped mountains in the background and a nice clean city. Oh yeah and I got asked on a date by a 30 something year old guy. Lol, had to decline as I was leaving early the following morning For Fort St John.

About sharonleigh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.