Existing Member?

Our Crazy Australian Adventure

Whitsunday, Fraser and 1770

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 29 March 2009 | Views [434] | Comments [1]

So here is an update finally. We left bundaberg and headed up to airlie beach for our whitsundays trip. The trip was overall decent we had a good time hanging out with an australian boy we met on the boat the second night. We also did some snorkelling which was pretty sweet, Lauren was pretty scared at first and was afraid that the fish would touch her but she warmed up to it and we all had a good time. However the day before we were suposssed to go snorkelling and we were the last group waiting to take the dingy to the island. It was pretty crappy out and a huge gust of wind blew a strecher of the boat unluckily right into the crew member that was supossed to take us to the island! He somehow managed to climb onto the boat with blood pouring from his face. We were all rushed below deck and the boat set off for a hospital on one of the islands, leaving most of our group behind on the beach. It was super shocking to see and i started uncontrollably crying. We all calmed down ate some chips and played uno and enjoyed the rest of our time. Next we headed to fraser which was a a long drive. Fraser was AWESOME we all had a super good time. We were a little fearful of our driver but we didnt wreck our vechicle like another group who now owe 4000 for a dent the size of me they put in their truck from hitting a tree. There was 55 of us all together and we partied all together, some a little harder then others... Though we were pretty lame and were always in bed by 11 or 12. The lakes were gorgerous. The one day we had to walk 45 minutes through sand dunes just to get there. We all thought we were going to die on the way there but it was totally worth it. The only unlucky thing that happened to us on that trip was our chicken got swept away by the sea after one of the guys drop our food cooler into the sand and some the girls tried to wash off the food. Although it doesnt really matter because everything got sand in it everything had a little crunch to it. After fraser we went back to 1770. We did three tours there. The first was scooteroo which was riding on motorcycles well looking at kangerooos. We all had a blast and got so comfortable on the bikes by the end we had them topped out at 80km an hour. We also saw our first knageroo on that trip and were suprised how close we could get to them. The next day we went on a tour of the rainforest. We had a bbq and our first campfire. We also met a green tree frog named kermit who lived in the toilet at the lookout point. The last tour we did was a farmstay which was basically just horseback riding, but it was nice becasue we got to brush our horses and we didnt have to ride in a line down a small trail we all got to raom around a bit. Now were chillin in Noosa for today and heading to brisbane tommorow to try and sell our car. Its also Lauren's B Day today so were making a fancy supper and a cake tonight should be a good time.

Comments

1

Happy Birthday, Lauren!!
Hope you had a great day. Your trip to Fraser Islands sounds great. I'll talk to you soon. Drive carefully.
Lots of love!

  Susan Stevenson Mar 31, 2009 8:10 AM

About shannonj2589


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.