Existing Member?

Our Crazy Australian Adventure

Bundaberg.. Another change of plans! (Jenna)

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 11 March 2009 | Views [414]

Well we've moved again! After leaving Brisbane (where we actually made some friends this time! Sad to leave them, but such is life) We went to Noosa Heads.. entering cyclone zone (dundundun).. Haha it actually wasn't that bad, we slept in  the tent the first night with no rain! Shannon did some research that day though and found out that we would not be able to go on our Fraser Island trip when we had planned to (we were supposed to be in Rainbow Beach and ready to go the next day) as there was a bit of a cyclone issue. Being the apparently simple minded girls that we are we completely missed any and all warnings of said cyclones, until 6:00 the night before our trip! Luckily the travel agent was still open and we were able to move our trip back.. So  the Fraser Island trip is now on the 20th of March, just very shortly after our Whitsunday's trip. Back to the fun in the cyclone.. at around noon the day after arriving in Noosa Heads it began to rain.. and rain.. and rain. Now we decided it would be a good idea to check out a newspaper and maybe learn some details on the weather. Walking into the news stand all headlines in bold letters read "CYCLONE COMING; GET OUT NOW!" And all we have to say to ourselves is wow, how typical of us. So we go back to the campsite, plead for our money back. They offer us a one up, they'll just put the money we've already paid towards our own personal cabin! We paid just thirty dollars more and had our own little living space, which was really nice and definately a good idea with the rain that hit us that night. We stayed in our little cabin for two nights, and this morning we departed for Bundaberg! We arrived in this cute lttle hick town this afternoon, excited to see a lot of natural wonders in the area. We're somewhat disappointed by the hostel.. its a bit of a nightmare. The room smells like pee and there's a strange stain on the ceiling.. Trying not to let it get us down though! We're definately looking for a new place to rest our heads for tomorrow.. Tomorrow we're going to head out and see an inactive volcano, some natural craters and do a tour of some caves! Hopefully we'll have lots of pictures to put on here! It's a bit difficult to get pictures on here as all of our laptops are in storage, but some internet cafe's have USB ports for camera's so we'll try to get to one of those soon. We're looking forward to the next couple daysand we'll keep you informed!!

About shannonj2589


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.