Existing Member?

Our Crazy Australian Adventure

The Death of Steven the Station Wagon

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 31 March 2009 | Views [389]

After arriving in Brisbane all bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to make some money back on our only "good investment" we have made since landing in Australia, we have been savagely let down once again. After spending what seemed like hours trying to contact the registration company in New South Wales to try and re register our currently illegal car, we came to the conclusion that not much could be done in the way of registering him without passing a safety inspection. Setting out with high hopes for a mechanic near our local McDonalds, we spent two and a half hours in the company of the Hamburgelar and Ronald waiting with our fingers crossed. As soon as the mechanics saw us walk through their door after completing their inspection they got grim looks on their faces and told us to "take a seat". We then spent about half an hour going through all of Steven's various ridiculous issues, with the three of us laughing hysterically the entire time. The mechanics enjoyed that we took our misfortune so lightheartedly, and told us that we could sell it to the junkyard for $1.30 AUD. But only if it had a full tank of gas. Luckily though, we put our heads together and did some research and found a friendly gentleman named Dave who will give us $100 if we give him Stevie for the purpose of "bush bashing". We decided this is a pretty good deal, and we're now cutting our losses and reaching deep into our parent's pockets for support. What else can go wrong! Haha we're taking it all with a grain of salt though, we're still smiling. See you guys soon!!!

About shannonj2589


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.