Existing Member?

Shane's Trip Journal

March 24

THAILAND | Friday, 25 March 2011 | Views [308] | Comments [3]

Today it rained most of the morning, quitting roughly around noon and was mostly overcast for the rest of the day. I walked the beach in the afternoon and just to the end of the high end beach front resorts was a area which at first I thought must be an open market. It turns out it is an area for tourist massage. It was packed. There were about 20 open huts of varying size but most were roughly 20'X 20' with all sides open. In each hut there were around 20 thin mattresses placed about a foot apart and as I walked from end to end almost all of the huts where partially full. Must have been 100 people getting a massages at the same time and the thought came to mine "When In Rome". They offered different types, "Traditional Thai", "Oil", "Aromatherapy", etc. "Traditional Thai" massage is about 70% painful (elbows being jammed into your thighs and back as well as stretching of the legs a bit too far) and 30% relaxing during the massage but afterward the muscles feel great. The oil massage was 100% relaxing and the cost for 2 hours was $500THB or $17US. Talk about medicine or sore muscles. I could get used to getting massages unfortunately my budget won't. Tomorrow traveling by bus to Koh Lanta. Thanks for the comments everyone. I have tried to reply to them a couple of times but it keeps kicking me out so hopefully I will figure it out soon. Will update when I can.     

Comments

1

As always, so great to hear from you! Wow! $17 for two hours of massage! I'm packing my bags now!!! ;-)

So glad you are having a good time! Love ya much!

  tish Mar 25, 2011 1:31 AM

2

I have to piggyback Tish's comments...2 hours for $17. I would be hard pressed to not stay there the rest of the trip! I am thrilled to death that you are enjoying the trip...you deserve it!!!

  Terry Mar 25, 2011 1:34 AM

3

hey, hope your having loads of fun, can't wait to talk about your trip over a game of black ops

  ian needham Mar 27, 2011 5:50 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.