Existing Member?

Exotic Endeavours

Tikal, Entering the MAYAN world.

GUATEMALA | Wednesday, 10 September 2008 | Views [484]

After a qucik 4 hour bus ride back to Antigua and a 1hour ride to Guatemala city, i took 1hr flight to Flores. From Flores i took a taxi through the night to a small town 45mins from the Tikal ruins site.

My first full day here i went to a bio adventure park where i went on a hanging bridges , self guided tour. I saw the elusive yellow trogon closely related to the almost extinct Quetzal. Also many spider monkeys, Toucans, and other forest creautres.

The next day i awoke at 3am and jumped in a shuttle to the Tikal ruins. We arrived at Tikal a lil before 4am. There was about 100 of us tired tourists. We then hiked through the darkness for 1 hour. The jungle roared with haunting sounds i can´t even begin to explain how amazing this was. The howlder monkeys howling at full volume from the dark bushes lining the dirt path. The scream of vulutres and the occasional roar of a ticked of Margay , puma or Jaguar. We eventually made it to the tallest temple at Tikal we then climbed up the the precarious steps to the top where the group watched the sunrise over the 14 000 mayan ruins that lay here. I had a tarantula sitting beside me enjoying the view.

What an amazing place .. just check out my pics. I can´t forget to tell you about the tarntula i found in my bed he was sooo cute i´ll post his pics too.

Peace Seth.

About seths-pad


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.