Existing Member?

Exotic Endeavours

Volcan Ometepe

NICARAGUA | Monday, 25 August 2008 | Views [430]

After a great time in Grenada felipe and i headed to two vocanoes in the middle of lake Nicarugua called Ometepe. One of the volcanoes , volcan concheal is still alive. We stayed at a very nice hotel on the shore of the lake. Our first full day we rented horses for a short ride then decided to venture up the volcanoe on mountain bike. The blistering afternoon heat ensured that we used up all our water on the way up the volcano. After nearly summitting it was 6pm and  we were exhuasted! We then rode our bikes down the steep, rocky , twisty trail down the volcanoe(IN THE DARK WITH NO HEAD PROTECTION). Our 2nd full day we rented horses again and rode along the beach for a few hours. It was so much fun gallopping at full speed, jumping over drift wood and trotting through streams and lagoons. We took our horses with us to a fancy restruant where they enjoyed a rest under a palm tree and we enjoyed banana , curry , chicken shikibobs. What a beautiful place ometepe was, the people seem really be happy there, i even noticed the free range farm animals to be enjoying their life too!

on the day of my birthday we left the island on a ferry early in the morning and headed to rivas so Felipe could start his long journey back to San jose. We were both very sad to depart, but he is on his way to spending 3 weeks in europe and me i have so much more to see.

About seths-pad


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.