Existing Member?

Exotic Endeavours

Forest Of Dreams

COSTA RICA | Monday, 4 August 2008 | Views [511]

Lyle and i made our way to Manuel Antonio, where we stayed at nice hotel on the beach, in the trees surrounding our room white face monkeys curiously played while throwing coconuts at us and the other guests. We rented 2 horses and had a guide take us into an old indian resreve where we hiked up the side of a mountain to a beautiful network of Waterfalls. Surrounding th falls were large amounts of poison arrow frogs. These little guys are just stunning you can check out their pics in my costa rica album. We rode our horses a few km´s through a stream filled with turtles, king fishers, and its share of crocodillians who i am coming to get quite comfortable with. The next day we went to the park our highlights included 5 sloths!, also a family group of monkeys that decided we looked friendly i got to touch one of the males! while the biologists looked at me horrified hehe. I am now back in San jose resting for 1 day before i head to the carribean coast to witness the sea turtles laying and hatching, and if i am lucky swim with manatees!

About seths-pad


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.