Existing Member?

Audaces fortuna iuvat (Fortune Favors the Bold)

Entering bolivia....Money is politics

BOLIVIA | Friday, 9 January 2009 | Views [583]

martin and i in our amazing poncho`s!

martin and i in our amazing poncho`s!

Ok so the next destination is bolivia. In san pedro chile we booked a tour that will take us from san pedro to uyuni, bolivia. To get there isnt just your normal sunday afternoon drive, it´s a 4x4 jeep expedition through some really rough terrain. No paved roads, all mountain rocky roads through the andes mountain range.

The first day was definitely interesting! I was told that for an american it was 100 usd to get a visa to enter boliva, however once at the border when i was in line the immigration officer just took my passport, put it in a paper envelope, put it in his desk, and said wait, wait, wait, while others behind me were processed on through. So a bit uneasy at the moment. A traveler never feels right without his passport in his hand. So eventually one of the aussie girls translated for me and said that my passport would be delivered to uyuni´s immigration office and that i would have to pick it up there and pay the fee. Soo that was not what i had in mind.

However, when i was getting into the 4x4 jeep about ready to leave the tour guide gave me the paper envelope with my passpot. He winked, smiled, and said shhhhhh in bolivia, money is pòlitics.

Soo that was a relief, now i had my passport back and was ready to kick off the 3 day tour through some of the most remote areas in bolivia.

About senor-lance


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.