Existing Member?

perennialsteps

light trekking in Gede-Pangrango Nat'l Park - West Java: 2009

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 27 January 2010 | Views [769]

Mount Gede-Pangrango Nat'l Park - Java

Mount Gede-Pangrango Nat'l Park - Java

I won’t go out of town in June, but Rita gave me an interesting daytrip offer: to Mount Gede-Pangrango National Park. Besides, I really need this trip to prevent me from suddenly flying to Lombok to join my lunch friends there. Doug also joined us at the last minute. I was confused and rather doubted whether he could manage to come on time or not, since he’s not a morning guy. But he showed up at 6am. Bravoooo Doug, you’ve made it!!! Wait, we had to go back to his boarding house aka ‘kos’ to take his sunglasses..arrrrrghhh he wasn’t fully awake yet.

We’re off at 7am and arrived at Cibodas around 10.30am. At first, the place was too crowded for me, but as we started the trekking at 11am I also started to enjoy the forest quietness. The national park management had made a comfortable pathway from the rocks and woods along the trip to the waterfall, dividing the forest. Hence, I could finally enjoy the forest itself with its bird voices and fresh air (In Mount Halimun-Salak National Park, I concentrated mainly to get rid leeches off from my feet and to avoid getting fall down to the ravine. But one way or another, it’s also an amazing experience). I also love the clear cold water river and got my feet wet there. We had our lunch at noon. My lunch consist of three spoons of white rice, some chocolates and a little piece of bread. I was more exciting to continue trekking than having lunch, while Doug was exciting to continue sleeping :)

Finally, we arrived at Cibeureum, Cidendeng and Cikundul waterfalls. They are beautiful. I enjoyed the fresh water splash on my face when I was standing near the waterfall (I hope my camera got pleasure from it also). As if I have found my new playing park with its slippery rocks and gorgeous waterfalls. I wish it were within reach by transjakarta bus. Our way down was more tranquil than our way up. My favorite time here was when I only sat on the pathway to take a break, looking on the greeneries, hearing and thinking of nothing. It was my relaxing and peaceful moment.

Then we continued walking down to the starting place. As we approach it, I felt really hungry….hot instant noodle in toxic bowl..I’m cominggg! Thankfully, the food stall had ‘soto ayam’ menu for my combined breakfast & lunch that day. During my late lunch session, Rita and kang Ucup were trying to convince me to join them to do vertical caving on the next trip. I hate the part when your whole body covered by mud from the cave. But both those travelling maniacs couldn’t accept my mud reason. Help me so I can stick to my NO answer to them :)

Meanwhile, our way back to Jakarta was horrible due to the traffic jam. At some point, I really wanted to punch someone because of that. But I couldn’t punch the guy sitting on my left side..I didn’t even know his name. I also couldn’t punch Doug, who sat on my right side…he can downgrade me in our other life, if I punch him.

This trip was organized by www.outpack.multiply.com  

About selizabeth


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.