Existing Member?

Vietnam, Cambodia, et. al.

Homeward Bound

SINGAPORE | Tuesday, 17 March 2009 | Views [1346]

We leave for home tonight, just before midnight.  The problem with using frequent flyer miles is that you get the worst connections and long layovers.  We will reclaim that day we lost on October 20, or more correctly we will get back two more nights of March 17 which we will spend sleeping on planes; Singapore to Tokyo and Tokyo to LA.

Here is the scorecard for the trip:   In five months we stayed in forty towns in nine countries.  We have slept in 52 different hotel rooms, four trains, two planes, one boat, one bus and spent one night on the floor of the Kuala Lumpur airport.  We visited seven national parks and spent three weeks in the forest in Borneo.  We lost track of the number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites we visited but Angkor Wat tops the list.  Connie has added 450 new birds to her life list which now totals over 2,000 and there are a few less of the 1000 places we have to see before we die.  We met tons of new and interesting people and are more inspired to travel than ever before.  Best of all the whole trip cost less than $7,000.  Not bad, huh?

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.