Existing Member?

Nomad Earth

Day 21 Vienna - Bratislava ( 63 !!!!!! kms)

SLOVAKIA | Sunday, 29 June 2008 | Views [317]

Easily the most exciting day on the river so far. Avoided a near fatal collission with a tanker, had to get over some rough undercurrents and through some pretty nasty rocks and the corresponding white water. Still, Dear Folks at the OAG, I did not go in. Only Lucky though. Almost fell in while trying to get in and out of the Kayak several times due to high winds and waves. It was really flowing though and I managed the 63 kilometers to Bratislava with very little effort. Due to the 'Schengen' agreement once again there was no actual border to cross and I'm now well into Slovakia, the third country and seven hundred kilometers from the start (KM 1872).


Another amazing place to visit http://visit.bratislava.sk/ – if it wasn't for the language you'd certainly think you are in Munich or any other major city. Only difference is that everyione here travels by tram. It's cheap too – only fourteen crowns (50p) for ten minutes. Yep, as far as I can figure the system you buy time, but no worries there as these tram drivers take no prisoners and they are really going like the clappers.


Had a superb mixed platter and salad whilst watching yet again footy on a big screen. They just cannot be persuaded to put on the Cricket. Looks like the Spanish read my post from the other day...


Thanks again for the comments and support.

About seal


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Slovakia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.