Existing Member?

Nomad Earth

Day 8 Kehlheim - Regensburg (30kms)

GERMANY | Monday, 16 June 2008 | Views [287] | Comments [1]

Managed to get up at half six this morning. Departed my very uncomfortable spot at eight and felt a lot of aches and pains for the first couple of hours. The best thing today was the water slide which has taken the place of the lock. It's a very narrow channel that after you pull on a rope, fills with water and you shoot down it at high speed. Quite an exhilarating experience I assure you but it's still better than carrying boat and gear round the weir.

Also with my arrival at Kehlheim my quiet trip has ended and now I have to be constantly paranoid about one of them huge riverboats sneeking up on me from behind. You can't hear them at all and they provide a bit of fun too when they've passed as you get to ride the waves for a while....

I got to Regensburg at lunch time and put my tent up in the grounds of the Regensburger Canoe Club. Too early for anyone to be there and open the showers so I washed with cold water again...

My shoes are beginning to smell with the river water. Any sugestions? I've already shampooed them twice this week. Doesn't seem to make any difference...

Regensburg is also extremely pretty.

Germany is playing Austria tonight. (I don't really like futbol but you can't get away from it - It's everywhere...)

I've got to stock up on supplies - run out of water and chocolate bars last night - catastrophic!!!

Comments

1

Loving this journal and your pics, you must take more pics! How does anyone put on two killos with the amount of exercise you are doing? you must be enjoying a lot of ice cream.

Not much you can do about your shoes. I would suggest to keep them soaking in clean water over night but not really an option i guess. You also want to keep them dry as much as possible but probably not an option either.

  Isa Jun 17, 2008 8:41 AM

About seal


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.