Existing Member?

Sarah's Amazing Adventures My experience as a world traveler

Vacation's Over

SPAIN | Wednesday, 30 May 2007 | Views [642]

            On Friday, I woke up and went downstairs to wake the girls up for breakfast.  They had been out basically all night and hadn’t slept at all so Erin was the only one who woke up and ate with me.  After breakfast she went back to bed and I decided to walk around and go shopping because I didn’t’ want to just sit around the hostel all day while the girls slept.  I actually didn’t end up buying anything, but it was nice to be able to take my time walking around and looking at the things that I wanted to see.  Later it was either 1pm or 2pm and the girls still hadn’t called me so I headed back to the hostel because I was getting hungry.  I woke the girls up again and we went out to find somewhere to eat.  We ended up eating at a little Italian restaurant and the food was really good.

            Afterward, the girls decided they wanted to go shopping and of course I had already done that all morning while they were sleeping, but there wasn’t really anything better to do so I went with them.  I ended up buying a book about the architecture of Antoni Gaudí which I had seen earlier and it was on sale for 10 euros ($13ish).  It was really a good deal because it was a big hardcover book whereas most of the small paperback books cost the same.  I bought it to put in my future Spanish classroom so hardcover is better because it will last longer with kids reading it and stuff.  We bought pizzas from a grocery store and salad to eat for dinner that night to save money.  As we stared cooking them, we realized that Louis and Miller had cooked us a bunch of food like they had said they were going to.  We thought they were just joking around when they said it, but apparently not.  We made our salad to share with them and we all ate a big meal together that was really good and a lot of fun!  Earlier that day I had moved into the room with the rest of the girls.  I decided not to go out again that night.  I hung out and talked with the other girls in the room for a while before going to bed.

            Saturday was our last day in Barcelona.  We got up and ate breakfast and started packing up all of our stuff.  We had to be checked out by 11am, but we left all of our stuff in their luggage storage so we didn’t have to carry it with us until our bus left at 3pm.  Erin had actually had her wallet and jacket stolen the night before in the bar so we went to the police station to file a police report.  After all of that was taken care of, we walked down Las Ramblas to the pier with Louis and Miller.  We went back to the hostel to eat our pizzas for lunch since we hadn’t eaten them the night before.  We got on our bus at 3pm and headed back to Pamplona.  Overall, I would say it was a pretty fun trip although I think I would have had more fun if I had gone with some people that I got along with better.  Oh well, I’m sure I’ll be back someday to experience it again…maybe with Hilary??

Tags: Sightseeing

About sarahjo


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.