Existing Member?

Sarah's Amazing Adventures My experience as a world traveler

A Little Bit of Art

SPAIN | Wednesday, 30 May 2007 | Views [609]

            On Thursday we wanted to go to the Spanish Village and walk around, but everything is outside and it was raining.  I thought it sounded cool because supposedly there was food and other stuff there from every autonomous community in Spain (for example Navarra which the community that Pamplona is in).  Anyway, we decided to go to the Picasso museum instead since it was indoors.  I didn’t really want to go because I don’t usually like Picasso’s work very much, but I decided to go anyway.  It was pretty cheap since we had our ISIC’s (International Student Identification Card).  At first I really like the art.  I think Picasso’s early work is really good and he was really good at drawing the human body.  After a while though, he changed to cubism which I really don’t like.  That’s when all of his art started becoming abstract and incomprehensible.  All of the other girls were amazed by it so I had to hear about it for the rest of the week.  After the museum we got lunch and did some shopping.  I’m definitely more of a window shopper and it takes me a long time to decide whether I want to buy something or not.  Samantha and Christina seemed to just buy everything they saw.

            That night, we decided to buy meat to make hamburgers and fried potatoes.  It ended up being really good and cheap and we ate out in the lobby where Louis and Miller were eating their dinner too.  Someone made a joking comment about never having had Brazilian food and one of the guys said, “Alright, tomorrow night we’re cooking for you girls,” and we said, “Yeah, okay sure,” sarcastically. 

            That day some girls had moved into the room with Sam, Christina, and Erin.  They were from New Hampshire and Colorado, but they were studying in London for the semester.  They were really nice and more laid-back/loner-ish like me so it was nice to talk to them.  I ended up deciding not to go out with the girls and the Brazilian boys because I really just don’t like bars or clubs.  The girls didn’t make too big of a deal about it because they knew I could hang out with the new girls in the room.  We chatted for a while, but they were tried from their trip so we all went to bed early which was actually kind of nice.

Tags: Sightseeing

About sarahjo


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.