Existing Member?

The Tour

The Next Frontier

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 6 May 2009 | Views [187] | Comments [1]

So it was time to move on from my motel and go central, I decided to take the leap and go central central being Piccadilly circus. Now to get my large and defiantly overweight bag on the tube. It was mission and a half especially when there were only steps and no lift (poor disabled ppl) but I found it checked in and was about to experience my first hostel. It was the Piccadilly backpacker a 600-bed hostel right in the heart of the city just near the big coke sign. Lucky I got a 4-bed room don’t think I was ready for 16bed dorm. I was shacked up with three German folks. (Very proper) Well it wasn’t terrible but I didn’t have a blanket, fortunate I kept the one I got of the virgin Atlantic flight.

So now I was settled in I decided to attempt to take a look around, woe it was overwhelming, so chaotic and disorganised. I pretty much went around in circles not knowing where to start. I finally found this little shopping centre that had a few little Asian shops a cinema and three floors of a time zone like place.  I went to have a look and got lost, the escalators only went up into more time zone. After a while and asking a few ppl (boy did I feel dumb) I found these little spiral steps tucked away in the cnr, they really knew how to herd ppl around to stay in the place.

I decided to see a movie on my own for the first time in my life, and have a hot dog and coke. The movies cost 5pound Sixty but you could pay 16.50 and see as many movies as you want in a month. YES that’s right as many! Ah I was in heaven now that’s my kind of deal.  So I got o try out my new glasses and I realise I didn’t need them unless there was writing, not as blind as I first thought!. It felt librating seeing a movie on my own so I decided to follow it up with another two I saw star trek, wolverine (bit of a aussie fix) and ghosts of a girlfriends past. All of them good movies.

Comments

1

hahahah 16.50 - NICE WORK!!! I also so ghosts of girlfriends past on the weekend, not bad at all...

  Stacey May 12, 2009 9:43 AM

About sarah_moulds


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.