Existing Member?

The Tour

The Part In-Between

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 8 May 2009 | Views [293] | Comments [4]

After some time in Piccadilly I decided it was a little too much and moved on to a quieter venue. I packed my bags and got that port back down those stairs all the way to kings cross-station.  I was now checking into Anna House hostel, the ppl that signed me in were crazy, but nice. It was to be my first night in a 16-bed dorm, thank gosh it was just me and another guy (German of course). The rest came in Late in the night. I checked out into a 4bed dorm the next day where I still am.  The first day I walked around wasn’t great. They are in spring and have itchy bomb trees. You know the trees back in school that drop those ball you break open and put down ppls shirts so they get all itchy. So over here they are broken apart and will that relentless wind fly around in the air. It was horrible I felt like someone was rubbing them in my eyes, it was like god was getting me back from all the times I had put them down someone’s shirt. Not to mention they got in all your clothes so I was itching everywhere, I had to come home and have a shower. Another thing I still haven’t figured out is the traffic lights, they go green but don’t make any noise so Im always standing there for ages till I figure it out. Stupid tourist but man what about the blind.

But now I have used the tube abit so I can give my first thoughts on the subject, they are pretty amazing on time, frequent, and fast. They are placed out very logically into different coloured and named lines. They are just a little on the small side (defo London isn’t made for the tall) and very bumpy but that’s kind of fun.

A week in and I'm still at the hostel, the only thing to complain about is the showers trying to find the best one as some of them are to hot and other’s to cold. Not to mention I don’t really have a towel, I've been use the virgin Atlantic blanket as my towel. (thank you Mr. Bansion) That just might be contributing to my bad experience with the shower but hey I’ve been making Mandy proud and not having to many! To my defence it’s just to hard you have to bring all your stuff with you, its cold and just better with out it.

Food food food hmmmmm not so great, I mean there is enough Indian around to feed the whole of India but the only problem is no butter chicken (I know) the only curry I like and they don’t have it disappointing!. Other then that they have this place called MnS everywhere, basically its like a little supermarket full of already made food. So sandwiches, nuke them meals, bases like prawns meat etc then salad or rice or pasta, then sauce. (combine it and vola a meal) Its all right as I get this pasta which is 2pounds for a meal pretty good.                                        

Went to a supermarket yesterday, to be honest that was my second one the first salsbury or something was massive and packed I quickly got something and left. But the second one Tesco, not as big but still big enough like an express Coles I would say. Anyhow I really felt like some beef or chicken 2min noodles, didn’t have any in the convenience stores so I walked to the supermarket to get some. Well what do you know no 2min noodles, should I say that again none. Well there was like this tiny shelf of 2min noodles and just guess what flavour they all were CURRY.  Alcohol different story shelves of it in the middle of the store, and you wouldn’t guess but yes sprits way cheaper then wine. Oh and barcadi breezes big bottles like a long neck only fatter. Not wonder why they are all drunks cheap and easy to get.

Comments

1

Sounds sad for you that you can't find butter chicken curry. Sounds like they are catering for a lot of indians arouns where you are.

Good to see that you moved into a four bed dorm room. Lot less snoring. A blog is a good idea Sarah, lets lots of people know what you are up to.

  Matthew Payne May 14, 2009 10:36 PM

2

I am really not coping with the shower situation - Virgin Atlantic blanket?? Please can you go out and buy a towel. It sounds like you are starting to get the hang of things babe - you're such a little trooper! Are you meeting any cool people? Is it cold?

I miss you so so much - the house is so lonely without you.

Keep it coming with the updates.

Sending all my love

  Jessica Whittaker May 15, 2009 10:24 AM

3

Hey Sis

Sounds like alot of fun but alot of unknown as well, but you've got more than what it takes to deal with whatever comes you're way so take a deep breath and keep going forward.

What are you up to now haven't heard from you in a week ??

  Nath Moulds May 15, 2009 10:30 AM

4

Hey Hey!!!

Try finding something called Super Noodles they come in beef and chicken (and odd flavours like curry and sweet & sour of course) and are pretty tasty... They dont say 2 minutes on them (think they claim 4 or something) From memory I think theyre in a blue packet same size etc as maggi... Tesco should have them! Stacey tells me about your love for sweet & sour sauce, for fun you should try 'sweet and sour chicken' from chinese takeaways... and also maybe chicken balls... reaaaalllllyy tasty! x x x

  Gillian May 16, 2009 4:11 PM

About sarah_moulds


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.