Existing Member?

Friends, Smiles and a Lotta' Miles. 10. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” - Mark Twain

Cesky Krumlov

CZECH REPUBLIC | Wednesday, 22 April 2009 | Views [384]

Wow, this was one seriously cool little villiage on the outskirts of the czech Republic. We caught this swish train from Prague in the morning and arrived three hours later to this lovely little valley doninated by a huge creepy castle on top of some rocks. The town itself had a pretty cool history from german occupation (being part of the Sudetenland) and the crazy lords who used to rule there. Like most Czchecs they werent too religeous but concentrated on the sciences and alcemy a lot. Lots of ghosts here apparently! We wandered all the little topsy turvy streets where all the hoses were decorated with frescos from the 12th century. Had the best dinner at a vegetatarian restaurant where the owner was so nicew he gave us free dessert and tea and four courses was lest than $15 Australian. We had wine and great food on the edge of the river and when it got cold he braought out blankets and cushions for us to sit on! We only had two days here as a group and I would have loved more time to explore even though it was pretty small.

Ooh and we went to this cocktail bar at night where there were over 250 choices and each drink around $3 Euro! Value for money thats for sure, we soon found out where the majority of Europes fruit (which we havent found much of) had gone.

The light here reminds me of home, very pretty, a little chilly but all the flowers are coming out and it was just magic.

xox

About sarah-leary-and-chris-vt


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.