Existing Member?

Friends, Smiles and a Lotta' Miles. 10. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” - Mark Twain

Vienna

AUSTRIA | Wednesday, 22 April 2009 | Views [790]

Vienna!

I wish I had more time to write about this place but I promise I will add more later. We arrived when on a day when a big food and wine ffestival was being held alongside the Vienna Marathon so it was pretty busy! fter doing a breif tour taking in the sights I went to meet a friend who lives near the city called Agnes who was on exchange back home last year.

I was spoilt by the ammount of knowledge she had about the palce and she pointed out things only a local could know, we found some yellow flowers and walked around the streets with them in our hands and grabbed a really nice dinner at a restaurant near the center of the city. At night Vienna is like a city of gold especially the City Hall which is a huge gothic building that has people gasping during the day let alone at night.

Lots of artists and street clowns about too whiuch makes good people wathing at all hours. The one thing I really loved was getting around in Vienna. The metro network was so easy and I felt like a local in just a couple of days. I went to the Prater park near the Danube and took a ride on a huge ferris wheel from teh 1800's... scarier than it sounds! Went to the Belvadere Art Museum where I saw some peices by Gustav Climt, went to a day market and bartered my way towards a few pretty things and spent the afternoon in the gardens of shoonbrun (however you spell it)Pallace. I was really enjoying travelling alone actually, sometimes in the group it gets a bit hard to see the things you want to see without offending the friends you make. But when Im travelling with the,m Im not so perceptive and get lazy about knowing where I am.

We all finished the day at a traditional Austrian restaurant where Im please to report the schnitzels were pretty ace. Also reccoment Austrian Herb Lemmondade!

Goodbye for now!!

S

About sarah-leary-and-chris-vt


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.