Existing Member?

Look at me! I'm SandraD Back Home

FREE DAY IN FLORENCE

ITALY | Sunday, 30 July 2006 | Views [776]

Wow! Here I am a whole free day in Florence. My passengers are out and about and I have a whole free day in Florence to myself, no interruptions, no major work to do. I am free to do anything I want in Florence, today, all day. Woo Hoo. Fantastic. I am in Florence, and free.

So what am I going to do in Florence? Museums? Mmmm…seen the Uffizi, Accademia, Il Duomo museum, what about Bargello? Nah, don’t want to do a museum. What about the Boboli gardens? Have to pay to get in and then what do I do. Been there too. Okay, what about Il Duomo. Let’s climb the Dome. Done that too plus it is 464 steps….. The Bell Tower? Done that too & that’s 414 steps. What about going to see Michelangelo’s tomb in Basilica di Santa Croce? Who wants to go and see a tomb. I guess that rules out the Medici tombs then. Yep. What about walking around San Lorenzo markets? Sick of shopping and don’t have any money to spend. Ponte Vecchio? Did that yesterday. Churches? Arghh…no more churches.

So this is what I have come to. A group leader with no passengers who can’t be a tourist for the day!! Think I will just sit on my computer and write about what I am going to do in Florence for my free day. On second thoughts, am going to just wander around and immerse myself in Florence and see where it takes me because I am free today in Florence!!

Tags: Laughter

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.