Existing Member?

Gundry Adventure

Discovering the INCA Way - 6th Jan ´08 Take 2

PERU | Sunday, 6 January 2008 | Views [1474] | Comments [5]

A Peruvian girl posingfor cash!!

A Peruvian girl posingfor cash!!

As described by our amazing guide ´Miguel´, this was a relaxing, acclimatising introduction to the Inca mentality.  Our anniversary was so romantic and spiritual!  The theme was to turn our crazy lives into an existence in the mountains, where you worship the mountain God and hope for fine weather!!!!!

We visited a gorgeous little mountain village and met the 105 yr old master and his clan who demonstrated the art of turning Alpaca wool into beautiful yarns, dyed using natural resources.  Made for pretty good pictures and purchases!!

One further market later and a lot more haggled purchases, we finished for the day in a small town called Ollantaytambo where the village was celebrating our anniversary (and Epiphany) in true Peruvian style.

After visiting a few Inca ruins and filling our bellies with some good local food we slept like babies, ready for our hike the next day.

CHECK OUT THE PHTOTS IN THE GALLERY! X

Tags: mountains

Comments

1

Good to see that you have got Sue carrying the ruck sack - well done Nigel.
PS - where is the beard!?!?!

  P & G Jan 12, 2008 8:38 PM

2

So glad you are having a wonderful time- sounds amazing!!!

Looking forward to hearing about futher adventures.

All is very well here. Moki and I have fallen in love (although she's not keen on me working nights!!)

Lots of love,

Bec and Moki. xxxx

  Bec Hester Jan 12, 2008 8:46 PM

3

Oh wow what a fab way to spend your anniversary! The scenery looks absolutely breath taking. It must be so nice to do some good hiking after the cold and miserable winter we have had.
Enjoy your travels and take care.
Lots of love Dills

  Cordelia Jan 12, 2008 11:10 PM

4

Was somewhat bemused by the apparent disappearance of this post and note my commness made yesterday have been lost too. I did print out the previous version and take it down to grandma who sends her love.

Lots of Love, Me and Grandma xxx

  Sarah Pollard Jan 13, 2008 8:52 PM

5

Harry says nice dress Nige although red is def not your colour :)

King Kev is back at the toon !!

  Sam, Anna and Harry Jan 18, 2008 7:51 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.