Existing Member?

Gundry Adventure

Hello From Beautiful Peru

PERU | Sunday, 6 January 2008 | Views [622] | Comments [11]

We have just come in from a lovely afternoon/evening in cuzco city.  We can not tell you how nice this place is.  It is so amazingly friendly, unthreatening, clean, somewhat spiritual and lovely.  It is set in the Andean mountains, so it is totally surrounded by increadible scenery and amazing cloud formations.  The city is very old with 3 if not 4 amazing cathedrals and an amzing central Plaza which we could just sit in for days, watching people and relaxing.  It is strange but there are so many police/traffic wardens/community support people around that we have not felt any of the negative vibes that come from normal society.  People are really friendly and happy.  Saying that there is a definite other side to society and there are many local people desperatly selling hand made clothes and jewellery etc and they are pretty pushy.  We had one little boy who wanted to clean Nigel´s shoes and he ran along side us down the street saying what good people we were for about 3 blocks until he finally got the message that Nigel had clean shoes already and told us we were very bad people after all!!  It is hard to keep refusing them.  We were suckered by a little 6 year old girl who insisted Nigel brought a bracelet for himself!!  Guess it will go with his beard and long hair in a couple of months.

Anyway, we have to go to bed as we´ve been up for about 48 hours and are totally knackered.  We are off early tomorrow, heading to the Sacred valley and then climbing to Machu Picchu so wish us luck.  Will report back in a couple of days.

Hugs to all x x x x x 

Tags: mountains

 

Comments

1

happy new year and all that!

  stephen b Jan 6, 2008 12:37 PM

2

Sounds like a pretty perfect place to wake up on your first weddding anniversary then. Weather forecast doesnt look great. Hope your waterproofs are good.

Lots of love xxxx

  Sarah Jan 6, 2008 11:30 PM

3

S & N

Very happy first wedding anniversary! Mum says she has enjoyed reliving the day with you in spirit.

We were much amused by your BLOG and the idea that Nigel may return as a long-haired, bearded, bracelet-wearing hippy!

I have shown Mum how to reach the link via your email - so now she will not delete your email (!) and instead of pasting into the address bar, she can just double click the link.

We are off now for a jaunt :)

With much love,
xxx

  Gina & Lizzie Jan 7, 2008 1:41 AM

4

Wow! What an amazing start! Sounds fantastic!

Happy 1st Anniversary! What a way to spend it!

Lots of love to you both, look forward to hearing your next steps!!

Lots of love
Sam, Anna & Harry xxx

  Anna, Sam and Harry Jan 7, 2008 7:44 AM

5

Sue Nige

Happy Anniversary.

Good to read you are making friends with the locals!

I am just gutted to read that Nigel did not allow the young lad to clean his shoes after so much effort.... :)

Have fun

Sam

  Sam, Jan 7, 2008 7:53 AM

6

A year ago you were both so very happy and excited on the 6th January and reading your report, you both have been the same today....long may your married life be such fun and so exciting. Auguri Anna e Peter

  Anna & Peter Jan 7, 2008 8:14 AM

7

Hi Sue and Nige

Wonderful to read your news and to hear what an amazing experience you're having already. I hope Machu Picchu is going well...

It's cold and grey here!

Love you both

Tx

  T & Will Jan 9, 2008 5:47 AM

8

"Nigel may return as a long-haired, bearded, bracelet-wearing hippy!"

# I hope he develops the look well before he reaches Australia.
I look forward to explaining to airport security that Nigel is meant to look like that and probably isn't carrying vast quantities of illicit material.

  harry Jan 9, 2008 10:16 PM

9

L2S + Lady S,

Happy New year, Happy 1st anniversary and happy days!

Sounds awesome, we are both very jealous.

Enjoy the mountain, Martin will be so proud and Nig you may even come back a fit, athletic individual with all this exercise!

Look forward to reading the next installment.

Love from us both
J + E XX

  Em and Jon Jan 9, 2008 11:14 PM

10

Happy New Year to you both.
Sounds like you've well and truly started your adventure. Don't worry too much about us we will keep Great Britain great for you. Enjoy NZ!
Looking forward to the next installment of your story...

  Ozstriker and Tracy Jan 10, 2008 2:13 AM

11

Hi Nigel and Sue

It sounds wonderful already. I hope you had a great 1st wedding anniversary. Can't wait for some photos as I am sitting here in very rainy UK at my office desk and could do with some cheering up!!

Looking forward to seeing Nigels new look progress.

Love and Hugs

Irene & Co xx

  Irene Jan 11, 2008 1:02 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.