Existing Member?

2009 Travel Journal

The Next Chapter Commences!

INDONESIA | Friday, 6 February 2009 | Views [486]

Hello All,
 
Well you may or may not know, i have left Oz (temporarily) to travel around for a while!
 
I am currently in Bali for a few days before heading to Singapore, England, Ireland, Israel, then up through central Europe for a while before heading to the US for my 30th in May.
 
Bali has been pleasant, with my last day here looking to prove the best from the five, weather wise. I am here by myself, and have been spendin much time winding down from a unbelievably frantic 2 weeks prior to my departure.
 
Yesterday i took a bike to find some cleaner beaches, as Kuta is rather unattractive due to onshore breezes and pollution in the waters washing onto the foreshore. I have learnt a few things from yesterday's adventure. Have all your facts in place ready for the cops to stop you and try to charge you for something insignificant. And even though i was pulled over when i was in Bali about ten years ago, i was just not expecting it. I was charge about $25 bucks for having my indicator on and not turning (Karma will get them!). I was pulled up by another cop minutes later but had my facts sorted out.  So lesson two would be to have the visor down, on the helmet supplied. While riding care free, some huge flying bug with tail barb, flew right into my head. I almost swallowed him as he hit me on the lip. After the initail shock, causing wobboly bike, i found the barb in my mouth, and pulled him out with my teeth. After about 10 Minutes i had the biggest bubba lip. I stopped on the side of the road to check it out in the bike mirror. Some balinese guys saw me stop and came over to sell my sunnies and watches, then pissed themselves laughing at my big lip. "You need Medicine" they say.  I could only laugh with them! My lip is back to normal now. 

I have been really enjoying the delcious food and drink they offer here. As most may know the prices are very reasonable.
 
So today i am getting prepared to leave Bali. I will try and get some surfing in before i leave.
 
You all take care, and keep in touch.
 
Cheers
Sam

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.