Existing Member?

A Whole New World Thanks for your prayers and your support! -Josh, Mallory, Megan, and Billy

Manipu! (Sorry)

INDIA | Saturday, 12 July 2008 | Views [622] | Comments [2]

Hey all -

Yes, it has been a really long time since we've posted a story on our blog, and no, it's not because we don't love you all anymore.  Time has just gotten away from us recently and writing on the blog somehow escaped us...our apologies.

We also realized that we leave Salem in just two weeks - most of the time I feel as if we've just arrived!  The last couple of weeks have come and gone seemingly in an instant.  I think we all feel more comfortable in our surroundings, so that probably has a lot to do with it.  Yet it's still strange to think how little time we have to finish our millions of tasks and further develop relationships with the people here (both Indians and Australians).

That's right.  There's a new Australian team in town, and it has been a blast spending time with them.  Their group of eight is here to teach a course about Romans to a large group of IGL's "barefoot" pastors.  The class is designed to take ten weeks, but they've had to condense all the information into four days of lecture - it's rather intense.  Mallory, Megan and I had the opportunity to listen in on Thursday morning, and it was a real blessing.  I've been reading Romans myself for the last week or two, so it was wonderful being able to hear a few lectures.  Last night, group leader Ken stayed up late with Megan and me to explain a lot of things to us, mainly about the Holy Spirit.  It was exactly what we needed - as a group we had all been feeling some confusion about what he does in our lives, so spending a few hours with Ken was a real answer to prayer.  If you get a chance, check out Romans 8.  Powerful stuff.

Anyway, I just thought we should probably let everyone back home know that we're still alive, we're doing well, and we miss you terribly.  Thank you so much for your prayers!  They mean so much to us.  Please keep praying that our time here would be dedicated to the Lord's purpose and that we would seek to serve Him in all that we do.

Thanks for reading,

Josh

Comments

1

Again, isn't it amazing how God sends us the help we need even when we may be struggling with "what is wrong with me". He knows our needs before we do!!
Josh, the blog was just what I needed to know all is well and that your service to the Lord has kept you busy.
while I look forward to your safe return, I also wish every day you spend in India is rich in experiences and allows you to to know through God all things are possible!
In Christ, always and forever,
Sue

  Sue/Mal's mom Jul 13, 2008 12:27 AM

2

I just re-read Romans 8 at your suggestion, Josh, and you're right - it's powerful. Thank you for the reminders (from all of you) that God works in mysterious ways, whether we are aware of it or not, by using our words and actions to touch others. It's a small world, but full of God's love :)

Laura (Josh's Mom)

  Laura Tobin Jul 13, 2008 11:44 PM

About salvation_karmy

here we are

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.