Existing Member?

Never Too Old

the tireless travellers

USA | Monday, 30 June 2014 | Views [241]

Outside the Harem entrance at Topkapi Palace. Bruce seems happy to have his 2 sultanas with him.

Outside the Harem entrance at Topkapi Palace. Bruce seems happy to have his 2 sultanas with him.

Agreed that we are travellers not tourists, and that we do more things than we have time to talk. But experiemces  speak volumes more than we could ever discuss between us.  Though sometimes it's easy to get rolled up in the endless history lessons, trying to keep the time lines straight, which period did what, we also start get a sense of  the current times mixing in with the historical times.  As in history repeating itself, politcally,, emotionally, etc.  Everything old is new again?

People are incredibly nice, there are theives just as in any big city, and life keeps rolling at a fast pace.  I try sometimes to imagine what daily life was like in the different  eras, thinking it had to be slower, but then realize that pace is a relative thing. 

 -Tomie

About sailor1girl


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.