Existing Member?

Good Times THE WONDERFUL ADVENTURES!

A night in Monteverde to do the Canopy tour during the day

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 20 April 2008 | Views [1045] | Comments [2]

This part of the canopy tour in Monteverde was like doing a bungy jump...it was quite a rush...good times!

This part of the canopy tour in Monteverde was like doing a bungy jump...it was quite a rush...good times!

I left early Friday morning to catch the bus to Monteverde at 6:30 am. I stayed up pretty much all night so I would have no problem sleeping on the bus, and so that would cut down on the 5.5 hour bus ride, and knowing that I would be doing the same ride the following morning at the same time.

I heard the Canopy Tour in Monteverde was the best in the country. It was pretty sweet! They basically equip you with a helmet, gloves, and a harness that is used to connect you to the rope. The guides take you through 15 cables, 19 platforms and the Tarzan Swing (similar to a bungee jump) along the way. Selvatura Park Canopy tour in Monteverde is the longest one in Costa Rica. Also, it is the only Canopy tour that is actually located inside the real cloud forest. The tour took about 2.5 to 3 hours, and then we were able to walk through these Selvatura Treetop walkways which was a 1.5 mile trail that crosses through the cloud forest canopy, where you are able to walk across 8 different bridges from various lengths and altitudes ranging between 150 feet up to 510 feet in length. It was pretty cool because when you were doing the tour there were times where you actually could not see anything at all due to the rain and clouds while you were cruising through the cloud forest.

I stayed at a nice hostel called nuestra casa where I had my own room with a nice bed inside it for only $7. This is the first hostel that I have had my own bed for that reasonable of a price. They even left me pancakes and pineapple in the morning early because they knew I was catching the bus early. The only drawback of the place was that the pillows were literally rock hard, but I just slept on one of the towels they gave me, and that was much softer!

It was definitely worth the trip, but I recommend doing La Fortuna and Monteverde at the same time. Unfortunately, like I told you before, my plan was to do this, but the rain kept me from making it to Monteverde.

Good times!

Comments

1

Ryan

We were there with you and my mother Judy. It was alot of fun. I should have not chickened out on the tarzan swing!!! glad to hear you made it back safe and sound!!!

  Andrea and Dave Apr 29, 2008 8:31 AM

2

Andrea, Dave, and Judy

It was great meeting you all! I had a great time on the adventure, and I appreciate you all offering for me to walk the Treetop walkways with you. Glad you all made it back to the states safely!!

  ryanj_clark Apr 29, 2008 12:16 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.