Existing Member?

Good Times THE WONDERFUL ADVENTURES!

A week in Guanacaste for Semana Santa Week

COSTA RICA | Monday, 24 March 2008 | Views [579]

our hotel lodge in Guanacaste...had a pool outside our patio, and ten beds in there

our hotel lodge in Guanacaste...had a pool outside our patio, and ten beds in there

 I decided to head to Guanacaste for a week because a guy from couchsurfing posted a bulletin that he had ten people going to this beautiful place called the Hotel Condor Lodge, but a few of the guys dropped out on him.  I figured why not take a week and adventure off into the sweet beaches of Guanacaste.

So we ended up leaving on Monday morning at 5 am because the traffic is terrible if you don't leave really early.  I felt like I was in the country because the place we were staying at was in the middle of nowhere with horses standing in the middle of the dirt roads (we almost hit one by the way), monkeys hollowing, and a few other critters that I had no clue what they were.  The closest supermarket to us was about twenty minutes away and most of the beaches that we went to were at least thirty minutes away.  It was very peaceful though at our place that had room for ten people, but we only had seven.  The roads in the Guanacaste area were all gravel/dirt and were probably the worst roads I have ever experienced.  They were so bumpy, and someone told me that they actually improved these roads.  I can´t believe they could have been worse before.  My head hit the roof of the vehicle quite a few times while we were driving.

All the guys that I was with were awesome...they were all Ticos (born and raised in costa rica), and they are all very warm hearted people that definitely made me feel at home.  Always with the "what is mine, is yours," mindset, and I really like that.  All of them were very trustworthy, and I look forward to doing some more adventures with them.  They were all very helpful in enhancing my Spanish speaking skills too.  I learned the word ¨Mae¨ is said all the time by males (ticos) in costa rica.  This is their word for dude or even if we say ¨umm¨as a fill in word when we are thinking of what to say, they use ¨Mae,¨  This word is only used in Costa Rica though, so I decided Spanish is not that difficult in Costa Rica...all I need to say is ¨Mae, Mae, Mae¨....lol.

 

It has been a long ride back because we also left at 5 am on the way back... 

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.