Existing Member?

Russ & Tash's travels

Penang

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 25 February 2014 | Views [234]

After intially being unsure of making it to Panang in one day we arrived in Georgetown, Penang's historic area and backpacker haunt. We managed to get a room in The Old Penang Guesthouse which is a preserved WW2 building with heaps of character and great staff.  Penang is known in Malaysia as the foodie capital and  we were greeted by amazing food stalls as soon as we walked out of our accomodation. There is even a food map of local specialties to try and where to get them all over the area not that Russ needs a map to find food! As Malaysia is highly multicultural the food reflects this with Indian, Malaysian, Chinese and thai food availible everywhere; we chose indian curries, roti, naan and biryani on our first night as we haven't had indian since we left Russ' folks in the UK.

With only a few days here our main aim has been to relax and eat, we only have week til we fly from KL to Sabah to climb Mount Kinabalu and we are both excited about climbing the 4095m mountain! Our next stop is the Cameron Highlands where we plan to get a couple of last treks in before Borneo as well as visiting some tea plantations and enjoying the slighly cooler weather there.

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.