Existing Member?

Russ & Tash's travels

Cameron Highlands

MALAYSIA | Friday, 28 February 2014 | Views [264]

Surrounded by tea plantations, farms and jungle the Cameron Highlands was a perfect place to base ourselves for a few days. The highlands have lower temperatures than most of the country, which has been nice change from the heat and humidity; we even had to wear fleeces last night! We spent two days hiking through the jungle in preparation for our Mount Kinabalu climb in five days time.

Having now spent the last few days in Malaysia we have noticed the stark differences between it, Thailand and Cambodia: things actually work here, buses run on time, toilets flush, you can cross the road safely and someone even gave us a lift for free yesterday which would have been unheard of! We asked repeatedly 'how much?' as we couldn't quite believe it or have become too cynical!

We are off to the 'big smoke' (Kuala Lumpur) tomorrow before we fly to Sabah (Malaysian Borneo) with the expectation that the next three weeks there will be the highlight of our SE Asia trip, no pressure Borneo!

 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.