Existing Member?

Chronicle's of an Adventurer Tick Tock it is Time to stop the Clock and live life to the end. Don't let time pass just thinking about your wishes. Make them come true sooner or later!

READ THIS MESSAGE bc this is the truth

CHINA | Wednesday, 16 January 2008 | Views [558] | Comments [1]

Memories that first come to mind


Pakistan- the hospitality of the people, glaciers, snow covered mountains, desert passes, people of Kailash, climbing a mountain for 7 hours when all I wanted to do was pass out because I was sick, Mastuj-meeting an elder who showed me his fruit farm and let me sample everything from the tree, Playing, singing, and dancing with the kids of ShimShal and visiting an elementary school in Shimshal. Passing through the Karakaom Highway.

Beijing- The first time we entered a real city. Saw Tianamen Square at night (excuse spelling)

Shanghai- My first haircut in Shanghai

Cambodia- My interaction with the children, Climbing Angkor's ruins, Being one with nature in Angkor, Riding on my first motorbike, the fields of green and the eerie silence of a place with soo much tragic history.

Laos- My first asian cooking class, My first elephant bath, My first swing on a hammock after months of travel, the most beautiful sunset, spending time with new friends.

Tibet- First time I saw the pilgrims, first time I felt their plyth, my breathe being taken away by the first sight of Potala, first time I smelled the incense, first time I saw their faces, first time I saw them pray, first time I felt their pain, first time I stepped into Johang Temple, first time I became friends. This will always be one of my most memorable and meaningful trips, especially to Tibet. It was always a dream and it has come true.

These are the places that first come to mind and I suppose are the places that have left an impression. All other places were icing on the cake. I wish I could have spent longer getting to know the people, building relationships, and visiting places that were less tourist enclaves. The places mentioned above were refreshing because it felt like we could just visit and no men would bother us on the street. No random hellos, no one going out of their way to sell to the foreigner. You could simply be apart of the country. It was nice to be one of a handful of americans to visit these places. At somepoint we were the only americans in Northern Pakistan except for a son and his father who were paragliders.

I hope at somepoint when I visit Myanmar it will be the same. Traveling is much more interesting when you go off the beaten track and try places others may not think to go or think to be impossible. We have learned to just do it. I will never travel the same.

Indonesia- I almost forgot when baby orangatan held my hand. What I regret is not being able to spend time with the refugees of the tsunami...to just listen to their stories.

Philippines- I also regret not having enough time to spend with the Philippino people because they are great.

Tags: People

Comments

1

What a journey. you have seen so
much and i feel you bursted the travel bubble as well.

Lots of love from the country with the most beautiful people ( inside and outside)

your austrian Friend Angelina xxx

  Angelina Wiesbauer Jan 17, 2008 12:16 AM

About rprip


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.