Existing Member?

Chronicle's of an Adventurer Tick Tock it is Time to stop the Clock and live life to the end. Don't let time pass just thinking about your wishes. Make them come true sooner or later!

Thankful

CHINA | Wednesday, 16 January 2008 | Views [300]

I am thankful for having this opportunity to see the live's of others. I am thankful for having the funds to expense a trip for four months. I am thankful to my family and friends for accepting my free spirit side and understanding the needs of an explorer and adventurer to scout out her surroundings. I am thankful to be able to have a mind and body that are sound to allow me to walk, climb, jump, make good decisions, and plan. I am thankful for my intuition which has guided in me in the right direction countless times on this trip. I am thankful for a great friend who I was able to travel the world. I am thankful to all the people who went out of their way to help us when we were lost or needed help. I am thankful to my mom and dad's gene pool..if not for them I wouldn't be who I am. I am thankful for learning to be daring, street smart, and thinking on my feet when traveling on my own. I am thankful to skype for allowing me to contact my bank when my atm card was not reading and no one would take my american dollar. I am thankful to mother nature for giving us fruits and vegetables..especially when I couldn't identify my food and needed nutrition. I am thankful all the guides and porters who put up with me even though I was a pain in the ___ because I hated to be guided. I am thankful for seeing Kasha and Adrienne when we were lost at Everest....yes I am not kidding we were lost and were ready to go into survival mode bc the sun was about to set. I am thankful for all the people who searched for us when we were lost. I am thankful for being able to have money to buy lodging, food, and basic necessities. I am thankful to Jay's backpack for holding up. I am thankful to the kindness of others to show us around and to take us in. Lastly, I am thankful for my China phrasebook because nobody spoke a lick of English nor did I speak a lick of Mandarin. Thank you. Thank you. :)

Tags: Philosophy of travel

About rprip


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.