Existing Member?

Chronicle's of an Adventurer Tick Tock it is Time to stop the Clock and live life to the end. Don't let time pass just thinking about your wishes. Make them come true sooner or later!

Shanghai

CHINA | Saturday, 20 October 2007 | Views [431]

Took a sweet softsleeper to Shanghai from Beijing.  We watched the chefs on the train prepare our meal.  It was the best fish we had on our trip.  Arrived to a city filled with bakeries...Kelly gorged on egg custard something while I waited and waited for something else to gorge on....blueberry.

 We found a trendy hair salon in the french concession district.  Got our hair cuts and I decided to have my hair straightened permanently.  I wake up now and I look chinese. 

Went shopping in boutiques....found a great shop with nice jackets bought a white one for the fall and spring, winter coat, and a really nice dress jacket.  

That evening went to a great restaurant called Ye shanghai....had interesting crab.  Walked around and had ice cream.  We returned back to the hostile and realized my bag with coats was not with me.   Freaked out....slept it off and hoped in the morning we would find it at the restaurant. 

Made our journey and thankfully I did leave it at Ye Shanghai...I was so relieved bc we don't buy too many things bc it is nearly impossible to carry so when we do make a purchase it has to be something we really like. 

Shanghai was definitely fun....I think we are used to city life so it has been a pleasure to come to a place in our comfort zone.   Off to either Hong Kong or Chengdui to make our way to Lhasa. 

Tags: Adventures

About rprip


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.