Existing Member?

My year off

The English in BS AS

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 13 September 2009 | Views [374]

The English must be the oddest group of people in the world.

In Racoleta cemetry I was greated by a very posh sounding woman, who said she was English. She overpronounced all her words and was very odd. She then called us scouse boys and said "bye mate!"

A sweet old lady stopped to help us when we were looking lost,she said in English, in the poshest accent possible "can I help you?" I asked her the way to Santa Fe and she had no idea what i was talking about. She was obviously English decent but toatally Argentine.

A Businessman heard us talking in English. He stopred me and asked if I was from Hollywood. I told him I was "Inglese" and he kept saying Hollywood. I said I was not from the US and he replied you should come from Holywood like Al Capone and advised us not to be english.

If I hear that we are fat, lazy, unhealthy, or alcoholic again I am going to scream. Also why does everyone think that london is violent and dangerous and that all the English are drunk?

About robertlaird


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.