Existing Member?

3 Weeks Will Bring

36 Hours Later

THAILAND | Monday, 13 August 2007 | Views [324] | Comments [2]

I arrived safely. Thanks to a sweet guardian angel my plane trip was so smooth. Drugs and neck pillows are amazing. I started Saturday morning and my flight was 17 hours direct. I slept for 13 hours and ate very well in between the long naps on Thai Airways. I had 3 hours of people watching in the Bangkok ariport between the long flight and the short one to Chiang Mai. The Difference is 11 hours ahead. It's now Sunday evening. I'm pretending for jet lag purposes that I just took a short trip this morning (sunday) and did not lose a day. I feel ok actually. Considering this was the part of my trip I was most unsure about it's been easy.

Well, I'm off to the food market across the street to try out some of the vendors. As much as I want to dive in and be adventurous I am going to start out slow and work my way up to eating bugs. I don't have much to report about Thailand so far since it's been airports and nighttime, but I have been grateful to be travelling alone and not be harassed or bombarded with solitics. 

Looking forward to school in the morning and seeing this city. The taxi driver said that it's been raining a lot but there are days (like tonight) with no rain. I am going to rent a bike and do some exploring as soon as possible. So far my wise sage has been so helpful to my trip that I can't wait to check out her suggestions for things to do in Chiang Mai.

Off to eat.  

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

glad it was an uneventful trip. looking fwd to stories about bikes and market shopping :)

  maxwell Aug 13, 2007 9:47 AM

2

very happy to read of a smooth flight, looking foward
to stories of the people you meet.
8/13/07 0637

  mickey klorman Aug 13, 2007 10:34 PM

About rk


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.